Tele Ph: +91 9497002900
Malappuram Police District Telecommunication unit is located at the District Police Chiefs office annex, Malappuram. The sub unit is entrusted with task for the upkeep and maintenance of all communication channels and equipments to provide Telecommunication network to the day to day policing in the Malappuram Police District. Telecommunication unit of Malappuram is headed by Inspector of Police. About 40 numbers of Police officials in the ranks of Sub Inspectors, Assistant Sub Inspectors, Head Constables and Police Constables from Kerala Police Telecommunication is working in this unit for providing Communication arrangements and channels. For the repair and maintenance of Computers in the District, a District Computer Maintenance Unit (DCMU) is also functioning within the Telecommunication Unit. A Video conference arrangement is also managed by this unit at the DPC office.Other sections/sub units maintained by this unit
CoB communication arrangements are provided for DPC office and RRRFBn and VHF Communication arrangements are provided for L&O purpose with control room at MPM and Traffic PS, with 34 Police Stations, 5 Traffic PS and 13 Inspectors of Police offices and 3 sub divisional offices. DCRB, Narcotic Cell, SSB,SB, dist. CB and a costal PS functioning at Ponnani.
VHF communications also provided for MSP Bn.HQ and 2 Det.Camps at Clarry and Melmuri .
Special communication arrangements is providing for KATS at Areekkode camp.
Four Highway Patrol Communication are maintained by this Sub Unit (K-9 TO K12).
Special Repeaters are functioning for Tirur and Thanur sensitive areas.
The District Repeaters of Malappuram is functioning at Panthalloor near Perumthalmanna. There are four Town Repeater Stations functioning to the needs of effective communication for L/O communication and Traffic regulations at Malappuram Kottakkunnu,Manjeri,Perunthalmanna,Thirur.
Other Special Communication Arrangements Malappuram.
- Providing communication arrangements for the movements and security of VVIPs/VIPs.
- Exclusive communications cover for the Lok Sabha/ Assembly/ Panchayath Elections. Communication has also been provided to the inaccessible Booths in MPM District viz. during all the Elections.
- Festivals like Thirumanthamkunnu Temple Angadipuram, Perithalmanna, Nilambur pattulsavam fest, Thrunavaya Navamukundha temple, Mooniyoor kaliyattakkavu Temple fest, Tirur Vairamkode Temple fest, Tirur BP angadi Jaram Nercha fest, Tirur Thunjanparampu, etc. having large crowd are provided with Special Communication Arrangements in MPM district.
- Special Communication arrangements are providing for Kottakkal Arya vaidyasala for VVIP security arrangements
- Communication arrangements are providing for forest combing in connection with extremist activists operations.