Telecommunication unit of EKM-Rural is located adjacent to the DPC Office headed by Inspector of Police,
Telecommunication. About 40 numbers of Police officials in the rank of Sub Inspectors, Assistant Sub Inspectors, Head
Constables and Police Constables from Kerala Police Telecommunication is working in this unit for the upkeep and
maintenance of communication equipments and channels for Ernakulam Rural district. For the repair and maintenance of
Computers in the District, a District Computer Maintenance Unit (DCMU) is also functioning within the Telecommunication Unit.
A video conference arrangement is also managed by this unit at the DPC office. The servicing of computer
Systems & accessories of EKM.RL- Aluva Police dept are carried out by Police Telecomm. Wing. The DCMU
will peruse through the Internet History, Update Anti-Virus software, guide the PS level System Administrator. IP Tele and
the DCMU maintain a Call Register for repair and maintenance of Computers in the district. The document contains all the
details of repairs/maintenance with the date of performance. The care and maintenance of iAPS Network, upcoming CCTNS and
the Passport Cell Network of CPO and Police Stations are also being carried out by the DCMU.
Tele Ph: 9497987451, 04842630377
Other Special Communication Arrangements
- Providing communication arrangements for the movement and security of VIPs and VVIPs. It is happened to be witnessed frequent flash VVIP Security arrangements in connection with the Nedumbassery International Airport
- Malayattoor Pilgrimage communication.
- Kaladi Maha-Shivarathri, Aluva Karkkidakavavu special communication arrangements for crowd control.
- Thiruvayranikkulam Nadathurappu festival
- Chottanikkara Temple Makam festival.
- Kothamangalam Church festival, Kaanjur church Festival, Trikkunnatthu Church,
- Boat races of Piravam, Gothuruth ,Paravur.
- Exclusive communications cover for the Lok Sabha/ Assembly/ Panchayath Election.
- Effective Communication arrangements are being organized for the crowd control as well as Traffic regulations to ensure smooth flow of traffic and pilgrims of Malayattur and Sabarimala seasons witnessed heavy rush of Pilgrims/ Devotees every Year.